2. Trim and wash cauliflower.
3. Cut cauliflower head into quarters.
4. Then cut across head into 1/4 inch-thick slices.
5. Toss cauliflower slices, olive oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
6. Spread out cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet.
7. Roast in the preheated oven until tender and golden brown about 20 minutes.
8. Serve hot, if desired toss with fresh herbs, spices and or garlic.
When most people think of ways to cook the much disliked cauliflower they will come up with either boiling or gratinating. It may seem strange, but cauliflower is absolutely fantastic when lightly roasted, a great cooking technique because it brings out the sweetness in the cauliflower. Watch this video for this delicious and healthy Roasted Cauliflower recipe that is super easy to prepare. All you need are three basic ingredients. When roasted with a little olive oil, cauliflower florets turn lusciously sweet, crisp and caramel-brown. A squeeze of lemon will brighten the flavor.