Microwave Cheesy Cauliflower With Sour Cream
|Fresh mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, freshly snipped|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Microwave the cauliflower florets on HIGH for a 2 minutes till they becomes tender-crispy. Stir once halfway through the cooking time. Arrange the cooked cauliflower on a serving plate.
2) In a 1 to 1 1/2-quart casserole, add in the mushrooms and butter. Microwave on HIGH for about 2 minutes till the mushrooms become tender. Stir once in between.
3) Mix in flour, dry mustard, salt and pepper into the mushrooms. Pour in milk.
4) Microwave on HIGH for about 3 minutes or till the mixture starts to thicken. Stir once every minute.
5) Stir in the shredded cheese.
6) Microwave once more for 15 seconds on HIGH till the cheese has melted. Mix in the sour cream.
7) Pour the cheesy creamy mixture over the cooked cauliflower. Serve hot.
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.5%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g59%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.4 mg18.8%
Sodium 436.1 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g23%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 16 g31.6%
Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 168.3%
Calcium 36% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet