|Cauliflower heads||1 , broken into flowerets|
|Canned tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), drained|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), grated or shredded (mozzarella or parmesan)|
|Coarse cracker crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to hot, 425°F/ 220°c/ gas mark 7.
2. Grease a 2 quart casserole dish and keep it aside.
3. In a saucepan with some salted water cook the cauliflower for 20 minutes or until a little tender, do not overcook.
4. In the greased casserole dish mix tomatoes, onion, oregano, salt and pepper.
5. Put the cauliflower and sprinkle the crumbs and cheese mixed together.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
7. Serve hot as a side dish or can be an excellent main dish for vegetarians.
Calories 116 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19 mg6.3%
Sodium 398.2 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 13.1% Vitamin C 13.4%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet