Low Calorie Cauliflower Au Gratin
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Quinoa flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Almond milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (lite)|
|Cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded (lite)|
|Cooking oil spray||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Spray down a skillet with olive oil spray and saute onions until translucent.
3) In a sauce pan, melt the butter and then add the quinoa flour and mix together to combine.
4) Stir in the almond milk and allow to thicken. Add the salt, pepper and sweet paprika.
5) Next, add the cheese and allow it to melt down for about 1 to 2 minutes.
6) To make the Au Gratin, in a casserole dish that has been liberally sprayed down with olive oil spray, place down a layer of cauliflower, then a layer of onions and finally a layer of your cheese sauce. Repeat until you have used up your ingredients. The cheese sauce layer should be the last layer.
7) Sprinkle the top with a little more sweet paprika.
8) Cover and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 1 hour, making sure to mix the Au Gratin every 15 minutes.
9) Let the hot preparation sit for about 15 minutes before serving.
10) Serve the Au Gratin while it is still hot. Makes a really good side dish.
Calories 740 Calories from Fat 411
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.9%
Saturated Fat 27.9 g139.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.2 mg24.4%
Sodium 1460.8 mg60.9%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.6%
Sugars 37.2 g
Protein 22 g44.5%
Vitamin A 41.5% Vitamin C 139.4%
Calcium 47.9% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet