Typically, au gratin recipes involve potatoes, cheese and heavy cream. This recipe for Easy Cauliflower Au Gratin from Rocky Barragan replicates the classic flavor of an au gratin, but with far fewer calories thanks to a few key ingredient substitutions.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
2 Tablespoon (lite)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded (lite)
Cooking oil spray
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Spray down a skillet with olive oil spray and saute onions until translucent.
3) In a sauce pan, melt the butter and then add the quinoa flour and mix together to combine.
4) Stir in the almond milk and allow to thicken. Add the salt, pepper and sweet paprika.
5) Next, add the cheese and allow it to melt down for about 1 to 2 minutes.
6) To make the Au Gratin, in a casserole dish that has been liberally sprayed down with olive oil spray, place down a layer of cauliflower, then a layer of onions and finally a layer of your cheese sauce. Repeat until you have used up your ingredients. The cheese sauce layer should be the last layer.
7) Sprinkle the top with a little more sweet paprika.
8) Cover and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 1 hour, making sure to mix the Au Gratin every 15 minutes.
9) Let the hot preparation sit for about 15 minutes before serving.
10) Serve the Au Gratin while it is still hot. Makes a really good side dish.
Now that you are on a diet, are you missing delicacies like Au Gratin? Then this video is just the thing for you. Watch and learn to make the perfect cauliflower au gratin the healthy way. It is just as cheesy and delicious but the fat and calorie contents are really low! Don't believe us? See for yourself!