Cauliflower Au Gratin
|Cauliflower||1 , cut in pieces|
|For the cheese sauce|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated strong cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan cook broccoli in boiling, unsalted water, for 5 minutes.
2. Lift out carefully and put into ice cold water and place in refrigerator.
3. When ready to use, make cheese sauce, pour over cauliflower in casserole and bake about 10 minutes.
4. To make the cheesesauce, in a heavy saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour and seasoning.
5. Add milk, then cheese and cook until thick and cheese is melted.
6. Serve Cauliflower Au Gratin hot as a side dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1038 Calories from Fat 512
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.2%
Saturated Fat 34.8 g173.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.6 mg54.9%
Sodium 3313.6 mg138.1%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.5%
Dietary Fiber 17.9 g71.7%
Sugars 40.9 g
Protein 55 g111%
Vitamin A 31.5% Vitamin C 525.8%
Calcium 136.5% Iron 28.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet