Easy Savory Cauliflower Cheese
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 Gram)|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
1. Trim the cauliflower and cut into sprigs, or leave whole.
2. Cook in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain well and place in a heated ovenproof dish.
3. Meanwhile, make a sauce in the usual way with the butter or margarine, flour and milk.
4. Stir in the Marmite and some of the cheese. Pour the sauce over the cauliflower and if liked sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese.
5. Lightly brown under the grill.
Calories 558 Calories from Fat 313
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.5%
Saturated Fat 22.4 g112%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 103.3 mg34.4%
Sodium 631.2 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.6%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.5%
Sugars 16.5 g
Protein 24 g47.6%
Vitamin A 26.3% Vitamin C 328.6%
Calcium 54.4% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet