Most Delicious Cauliflower
|Part skim ricotta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cauliflower florets||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, minced|
|Elbow macaroni||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped fresh, divided|
|Pepper||1 Dash, freshly ground|
|Toasted bread crumbs||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon, Plain Dried Variety)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Ounce, toasted, finely ground|
|Italian flat leaf parsley||4 (Use As Required)|
1) Remove the ricotta cheese from the refrigerator and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
2) In a 1-quart saucepan with 1/2 cup boiling water, add the cauliflower and salt, return to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes until tender.
3) Drain the cauliflower and reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
4) In a 9-inch skillet, saute the onion and garlic in the oil and margarine mixture over a medium heat for 1 minute, until softened.
5) Add 1/2 cup cauliflower and mash with a fork, then stir in the macaroni, reserved cooking liquid, and 2 teaspoons chopped parsley, mix well.
6) In a serving bowl, spoon the macaroni mixture, top with the ricotta cheese and sprinkle with parsley, pepper, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and almonds. Then arrange 1/2 cup cauliflower on top.
7) Garnish with the parsley sprig and serve immediately.