Cartwheel Cauliflower Bowl
|Cauliflower||2 Pound (1 Medium Size)|
|Seasoned salt||1 Pinch|
|Broccoli||2 Pound (1 Bunch)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), broken|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely broken|
1) From cauliflower, trim all the green leaves, but leave the head intact.
2) From broccoli, remove the tough endsa nd trim the outer leaves. Also split any thick stalks.
3) Cut the broccoli stalks and florets into 2-inch long pieces.
4) In a large saucepan, boil the water with salt.
5) In another medium-size frying pan, boil water with salt.
6) In the saucepan, add cauliflower, cover the pan and cook for 20 minutes or until soft.
7) In the frying pan, add broccoli stalks and florets, cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes.
8) Drain both broccoli and cauliflower from the boiled water and sprinkle seasoned salt over them.
9) In the frying pan, melt the butter or margarine.
10) Remove pan from heat and stir in pecans and lime juice.
11) In a large serving bowl, place cooked cauliflower in the center.
12) Arrange broccoli around the cauliflower on the edges.
13) Over the cauliflower and broccoli, drizzle the butter and lime sauce.
14) Serve warm with garnish of crisp bacon, if desired.