|Cauliflower||1 Large, divided into flowerets, boiled and drained (Save Cooking Water)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Powdered mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Cauliflower cooking water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Plus Enough Milk To Total 1 2/3 Cups)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Mixed With Cauliflower Cooking Water To Make 1 2/3 Cups)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Prepared spicy brown mustard||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a saucepan, melt the butter over a low flame
2. Stir in the flour and mustard and blend well.
3. Gradually add the combined milk and stock stirring continuously until it is well blended with the flour and butter mixture.
4. Cook the sauce, stirring constantly until smooth and thick.
5. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ketchup and season according to taste.
6. Simmer, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
7. Place the warm cauliflower in a serving dish.
8. Pour the mustard sauce to coat the cauliflower
9. Serve immediately while warm.
Calories 233 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.4%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.5 mg11.5%
Sodium 442.1 mg18.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.4%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 7 g14.6%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 176%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet