Cauliflower Au Gratin
|Cauliflower||1 Large, divided|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cheese sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Preheat broiler on medium high.
2. In a shallow casserole or a baking dish, arrange flowerets in a single layer.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper to season well.
4. Pour the cheese sauce over the cauliflower to coat evenly.
5. Sprinkle cheese and drizzle butter.
6. Place the dish under the broiler and gratinate for 3-4 minutes until sauce is hot and bubbly and cheese is melted and turning brown.
7. Serve the au gratin immediately, straight out of the oven.
Calories 437 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.2%
Saturated Fat 14.8 g74%
Trans Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 71.6 mg23.9%
Sodium 1411.6 mg58.8%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 21 g41.7%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 175.2%
Calcium 53.5% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet