Cauliflower Au Gratin
|Cauliflower||1 Large, divided|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cheese sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Preheat broiler on medium high.
2. In a shallow casserole or a baking dish, arrange flowerets in a single layer.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper to season well.
4. Pour the cheese sauce over the cauliflower to coat evenly.
5. Sprinkle cheese and drizzle butter.
6. Place the dish under the broiler and gratinate for 3-4 minutes until sauce is hot and bubbly and cheese is melted and turning brown.
7. Serve the au gratin immediately, straight out of the oven.