Broiled Tomatoes with Dill Sauce
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Commercial)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced dill weed||2 Teaspoon|
|Firm tomatoes||8 Large|
|Butter/Margarine||8 Teaspoon, divided|
1) Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, dillweed and salt together. Allow mixture to chill.
2) After removing the stems from the tomatoes, cut them in hald, crosswise.
3) Sprinkle the cut side of the tomato with salt and pepper to taste and dot each half with about 1/2 teaspoon of butter.
4) Broil the tomatoes about 3 to 5 inches from the heat for mearly 5 minutes.
6) Serve hot. Dill mixture can be served alongside.
Calories 228 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.2%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.5 mg11.8%
Sodium 270 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.8%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 3 g5.1%
Vitamin A 37.6% Vitamin C 40.6%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet