Crispy Fried Cauliflower
|Cauliflower head||1 Medium|
|Round buttery cracker crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn flake crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Half and half||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1) Rinse cauliflower with running water. Break out the flowerets from the cauliflower.
2) In a saucepan, add small amount of boiling salted water to cook the flowerets for about 10 minutes or until crisp and tender.
3) Drain excess water.
4) In a bowl, add cracker crumbs, corn flake crumbs, salt, pepper, sugar and Parmesan cheese to combine well.
5) In another bowl, add eggs, half-and-half and hot sauce to beat thoroughly.
6) Take the flowerets to dip into egg mixture and coat with cracker crumbs.
7) In a skillet, add oil to heat up at 375°.
8) Deep fry the flowerets in hot oil until they turn golden brown.
9) Serve hot with ketchup.