1. Soak the shrimps in 6 tablespoons warm water for 15 minutes. Drain, reserving the water, and set aside.
2. Blend the reserved water, soy sauce and cornflour together and set aside.
3. Heat half of the oil in a wok, add the almonds and stir-fry until just browned. Remove and set aside.
4. Heat the remaining oil in the wok, add the shrimps, spring onions, chilli, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute.
5. Add the cauliflower and broccoli and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Pour in the blended sauce, stirring; cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Check the seasoning.
6. Transfer to a warmed serving dish, sprinkle with the almonds and serve immediately.