This Stir Fried Cauliflower With Mushrooms And Water Chestnuts dish reminds me of the similar stir fried dishes in the Chinese restaurant nearby. I added water chestnuts to this Stir Fried Cauliflower With Mushrooms And Water Chestnuts recipe and they really tasted fine. Do make it!
Dried black mushrooms
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), soaking liquid
1. Soak dried mushrooms; reserve their soaking liquid.
2. Break cauliflower in flowerets; cut the stems in 1/2 inch slices; then parboil. Slice water chestnuts and soaked mushrooms.
3. Combine stock, soy sauce, sherry and mushroom liquid.
4. Heat oil. Add mushrooms and stir-fry to coat with oil. Add water chestnuts; stir-fry to coat with oil.
5. Stir in stock-soy mixture and heat quickly.
6. Add cauliflower and bring to a boil; then cook, covered, 2 minutes over medium heat.
7. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste; then stir in to thicken.