Braised Porkballs And Cauliflower
|Fresh root ginger slice||1|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare uncooked porkballs as in steps 1 and 2 of Basic Deep-fried Porkballs
2. Break cauliflower into small flowerets. Shred ginger root.
3. Heat oil in a heavy pan. Add salt and ginger, then porkballs. Brown lightly; then remove from pan.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add cauliflower and stir-fry to coat with hot oil . Return porkballs.
5. Add stock. Bring to a boil; then simmer, covered, until pork is cooked through and cauliflower is tender, but still crunchy .
6. Blend cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar and cold water to a paste, then stir in to thicken sauce.