Braised Porkballs And Cauliflower
|Fresh root ginger slice||1|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare uncooked porkballs as in steps 1 and 2 of Basic Deep-fried Porkballs
2. Break cauliflower into small flowerets. Shred ginger root.
3. Heat oil in a heavy pan. Add salt and ginger, then porkballs. Brown lightly; then remove from pan.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add cauliflower and stir-fry to coat with hot oil . Return porkballs.
5. Add stock. Bring to a boil; then simmer, covered, until pork is cooked through and cauliflower is tender, but still crunchy .
6. Blend cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar and cold water to a paste, then stir in to thicken sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 602 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.9%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.3 mg0.8%
Sodium 3281.4 mg136.7%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 21.8 g87.2%
Sugars 25.9 g
Protein 24 g48.2%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 657.8%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 25%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet