Looking for a recipe with fried catfish? Incorporate the goodness of fish in this sumptuous recipe!
Directions for preparation:
• Rinse the catfish fillets under running water and arrange them in a pan/tray.
• Add some milk to the tray to immerse the fillets halfway through. The lactic acid in the milk breaks down the raw fish and gives them a nice texture for cooking.
• Let the fillets sit in the milk for 10 minutes. Flip them to soak both the sides with milk.
• Season the fillets with salt, garlic powder and pepper. Sprinkle a little bit dill weed too to add some nice flavor to the fish (avoid sprinkling too much of the dill weed). Flip the fillets and season the other side too with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and dill weed.
• Take some corn meal on a plate and ad some dill to it along with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
• Take the fillets now and lay them down on the corn meal to coat them nicely with it. Flip them and coat both the sides properly with the corn meal.
• Heat some oil in the frying pan for frying the fillets. The oil should be enough just to come up to the upper edge of fillets but not submerge them.
• Flip with tongs and fry the fillets to get both the sides to a nice golden brown color.
• Drain the extra oil on napkins or paper and serve hot with chips
The chef recommends this recipe for pan fired cat fish or broiled catfish too with olive oil.