|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Concentrated liquid crab and shrimp boil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried dill weed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Place the catfish in a large sized shallow dish.
2. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over fish.
3. Cover; marinate at least 8 hours or overnight in refrigerator, turning occasionally.
4. Prepare charcoal fire in smoker, and let burn 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Cover coals with large pieces of green hickory.
6. Place water pan in smoker.
7. Add hot water to fill pan.
8. Place lower food rack on appropriate shelf in smoker.
9. Arrange fish on food rack.
10. Cover with smoker lid, and cook 3 to 4 hours or until desired degree of doneness.
11. Note: Smoked Catfish and Smoked Trout may be cooked simultaneously on different racks.