|Catfish||7 Pound, cut into 1 1/2-inch-thick steaks, with skin on|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Concentrated liquid crab and shrimp boil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried whole dill weed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a large shallow dish keep fish.
2. In a small bowl mix remaining ingredients.
3. Pour the mixture on fish, cover and marinate for at least 8 hours or overnight in refrigerator, turning in between.
4. Prepare charcoal fire in smoker. Let the fire burn for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Cover coals with large pieces of green hickory.
6. Keep water pan in the smoker and fill with water.
7. Add hot water to cover pan, if required.
8. Keep lower food rack on appropriate shelf in smoker.
9. Put the fish on food rack.
10. Cover with smoker lid and cook for 3 to 4 hours.
11. Serve hot.