Mandarin Catfish Amandine
|Melted butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon|
|Mandarin oranges||11 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Dry breadcrumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pan dressed catfish||12 Ounce (4 Pieces)|
|Mandarin almond cream sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan added melted butter and keep aside.
2) Drain the oranges and keep aside the liquid for later use.
3) In a dish, add eggs and 2 tablespoons orange liquid and mix well.
4) In another dish, add breadcrumbs, salt, and lemon rind and mix well.
5) Coat the fish with the egg mix and then with the breadcrumb mix.
6) Place in the jellyroll pan and turn once to coat with butter.
7) Place in the oven, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes, till the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
8) Serve with Mandarin-Almond Cream Sauce.