Jay -Z's Fried Catfish For Beyonce
|For the tartar sauce|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Scallion (white and green)||2 , minced|
|Drained sweet pickle relish||2 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||1 Liter (Approximately Or As Needed For Deep Frying)|
|For the fried catfish|
|Cornmeal||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Approximately Or As Needed For Breading)|
|Cajun spice||2 Tablespoon (Irvine Spices Cajun Blackfish Spice, You May Need More If You Use More Cornmeal)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Catfish fillets||4 Pound|
|Lemon wedges||4 (For Garnish)|
1. And as it turns out, this recipe is damn simple! Take a small bowl, mix olive oil, mayonnaise, scallions and relish. This will make the tartar sauce. Refrigerate until needed.
2. In a deep-fryer or a deep frying pan, heat oil to 350 degrees F.
3. In a bowl, mix cornmeal, blackfish spice and salt and pepper, to taste. Dredge catfish fillets in seasoned cornmeal.
4. Deep-fry the fillets in batches until they are cooked through, about 10 minutes per batch.
5. Remove and drain on paper towels.
6. Make sure that you serve it hot and crispy with tartar sauce and fresh lemon wedges.
Image Courtesy: elizabethsedibleexperience.blogspot.com