|Catfish||2 Pound, cleaned and skinned|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yellow cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Pinch|
|Shortening/Bacon fat||3 Tablespoon|
1. Wash the fish fillets.
2. Pat them dry on a clean kitchen towel or on paper toweling.
3. In a shallow dish, combine flour, cornmeal, seasonings and salt.
4. Coat fish fillets on both sides, lightly pressing so that the mixture sticks to the fish in an even layer.
5. Shake off the excess.
6. Keep crumbed fillets in the refrigerator until ready to fry.
7. In a deep frying pan, heat fat.
8. When fat is hot, arrange the crumbed fish fillets in the pan.
9. Fry for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
10. Turn and brown on the other side.
11. Remove and drain on paper toweling.
12. Serve hot accompanied by lemon and sauce of your choice.