Healthy Breakfast Casserole
|Ground sausage||1 Pound (Hot / Mild)|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Slice the bread, cut into 1 inch cubes and place at the bottom of an 8x6 ovenproof casserole pan, keep aside.
2) In a pan, add the ground sausage meat, then break into few pieces and cook until brown.
3) Chop the green part of the green onions and the bell pepper.
4) In another small pan, saute the bell pepper.
5) In a large mixing bowl, crack the eggs, add milk, mustard, pepper, salt and whisk the mixture.
6) Drain and spread the sausage meat over the bread, then the bell peppers and the green onion, a generous layer of the cheese and pour the egg mixture evenly into the casserole.
7) Cover with a foil and place in the refrigerator for atleast 4 hours or preferably overnight.
8) Place in the preheated oven at 350 Degree F for 40-45 minutes until an inserted pick comes out clean.