Tater Tot Taco Casserole
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Pepper powder||To Taste|
|Onion||1 Small, diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Taco seasoning mix||1 Ounce|
|Canned mexican style corn||16 Ounce, frozen|
|Canned black beans||12 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
|Mexican cheese blend||12 Ounce, shredded (1/2 cup for topping)|
|Tater tots||16 Ounce, frozen|
|Enchilada sauce||12 Fluid Ounce|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a wide bottom pan on medium high, add the beef and season it with salt and pepper. Mix well and stir fry for about 10 - 12 minutes or until the beef is cooked and has turned brown. Once the beef is cooked and browned nicely, drain off the excess fat and set it back on the heat.
3. Add onions, garlic, taco seasoning mix and stir fry for about 1 minute on medium heat.
4. Add black beans, corn and mix well. Cook this for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, switch off the heat.
5. Add in the tater tots, 1 cup of the cheese blend and mix well.
6. Take a baking dish, pour in about 1/3 cup of enchilada sauce in the bottom and spread it evenly.
7. Add in the beef-tater tot mixture and spread it around evenly in the dish.
8. Pour in the remaining enchilada sauce over the beef-tater tot mixture and bake it in the oven for 375 degrees F for 40 minutes.
9. After 40 minutes, remove the dish and top with some of the cheese blend over the mixture and bake it for another 5 minutes in the oven or until the cheese has melted.
10. Once done, remove and get ready to serve.
11. Serve this Tater Tot Taco Casserole hot.