The potato cheese casserole, known in Italy as potato gateau, is a rustic and tasty main course made with potatoes, enriched by eggs, spices, ham and cheese.
120 Gram, dice
100 Gram, dice
To Taste, grated
Salt and pepper
80 Gram, grated
1. Boil the potatoes with skin on, in salted water for 30 minutes.
2. In the meantime dice the mozzarella and drain the excess water by placing it in the colander, chop the ham and dice the provolone cheese.
3. Once the potatoes are cooked remove the skin and mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
4. In a large owl combine ½ cup of the grated Parmesan cheese, eggs, provolone cheese, ham, mozzarella and finally salt and pepper to taste.
5. Preheat the oven at 390°F (220°C).
6. Grease an oven dish with butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Spreads the mixture evenly, sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese, about ¼ cup also add small knobs of butter over the top.
7. Bake for 40 minutes; during the last 5 minutes turn the grill on, to form a nice golden brown crust. Once done allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
8. Serve the Potato Cheese Casserole along with roasted chicken.
If you prefer, you can use another kind of non-smoked kneaded-paste cheese.