Wegmans Swiss-Style Scalloped Potatoes
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Shallots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Heavy cream||1 Pint (Wegmans)|
|Parmesan cream||24 Ounce (Italian Classics Parmesan Cream Sauce)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground white pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Potatoes||2 1⁄2 Pound, peeled, cut in 1/8-inch slices (Food You Feel Good About Butter Potatoes)|
|Gruyere cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded (Gran Cru Surchoix)|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
1. Add vegetable oil to a braising pan on medium low them add shallots. Cook them for 3-4 minutes, until softened but not browned.
2. Pour in the heavy cream, Parmesan cream sauce and season with salt, white pepper, and nutmeg. Stir to combine. 3. Simmer 2-3 minutes, stirring. Remove pan from heat and add the potatoes and cheese. Stir to coat.
4. Turn the potato cream mixture into the greased casserole dish.
5. Bake for 60-65 minutes, until potatoes are tender when pierced with fork and top is light golden brown.
6. Rest 20 min before serving.
7. Garnish with parsley to add color and flavor. Serve warm as a side to your holiday roast or for a special occasion meal.
Calories 547 Calories from Fat 367
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.7%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.7 mg30.6%
Sodium 298.4 mg12.4%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 23.3% Vitamin C 51.9%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet