Low Carb Macaroni and Sausage Casserole
|Tofu shirataki macaroni||2 Pound|
|Italian sausage meat||6 Ounce|
|Small onion||1⁄2 Small|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried parsley||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mild cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ricotta cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Mexican cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded (for topping)|
|Cheese||2 Tablespoon (for garnishing)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Strain macaroni/pasta in a strainer and wash with running water.
3. Boil water in a pan, add noodles and let boil for 3 minutes.
4. Strain pasta with the help of strainer. Keep aside.
5. In a pan put sausages meat and stir fry for few minutes.
6. Add onion and cook for 4 minutes.
7. Put in pepper, garlic and season with parsley and basil.
8. Pour in tomato sauce over the mixure.
9. Add ricotta cheese and cheddar cheese.
10. Add pasta to the mixture and combine.
11. Transfer pasta in a serving tray, sprinkle some cheese and bake for a few minutes.
12. Garnish casserole with shredded cheese and serve hot.
Calories 621 Calories from Fat 391
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.5%
Saturated Fat 19.5 g97.3%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 126.7 mg42.2%
Sodium 1625 mg67.7%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.7%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 33 g65.5%
Vitamin A 22.4% Vitamin C 75.3%
Calcium 88.1% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet