Tofu Mushroom Dressing and Stuffing
|Bread dressing mix||12 Ounce (Mrs. Cubbison’s Classic Dressing)|
|Vegetable broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Non-hydrogenated margarine||8 Tablespoon (1 stick)|
|Extra firm tofu||8 Ounce (1/2 block)|
|White button mushrooms||8 Ounce|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs) (3 stalks)|
|Green onion||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 bunch)|
|Red potato||1 Medium (1 Cup)|
|Frozen corn||4 Tablespoon, thawed|
|Frozen peas||4 Tablespoon, thawed|
|Frozen carrots||4 Tablespoon, thawed|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Golden apple||1 Large, cored and unpeeled|
|Poultry seasoning spices||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
1. Wash and dice the apple, celery, green onions, and potato.
2. Cut tofu into 1/4-inch cubes.
3. Mix dressing, walnuts, and vegetable broth in a large bowl, letting the dressing soak up the broth.
4. Grease a full sheet casserole baking dish.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
6. Heat margarine in a frying pan over medium heat.
7. Add the diced potato and sauté for two minutes.
8. Add the cubed tofu and the button mushrooms and sauté for 1 more minute.
9. Add 2 tsp poultry seasoning mix.
10. Add the remaining ingredients (apple, green onions, corn, peas, and carrots)and salt and pepper to taste
11. Stir, cover, and simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
12. Add the sautéed vegetables to the dressing mix and stir.
13. Fill casserole dish with the dressing.
14. Cover with tin foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
15. This is the perfect vegetarian dressing to complement your vegetarian holiday meal!
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.7%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1956.2 mg81.5%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 36.9% Vitamin C 21.1%
Calcium 19.6% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet