Pizza Casserole Recipe (Kid Approved)
|For the pasta|
|Spiral pasta||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Dry and uncooked)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (As required to boil pasta)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Boiled in salt water)|
|Italian seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
|For the vegetables|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (As required)|
|White onion||1⁄3 Medium, diced|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium, diced|
|Minced garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Ground turkey/Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Smoked turkey sausage/Pepperoni or italian sausage||1 Medium|
|The sauce mix|
|Pizza sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pasta sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Cheese and Basil Margherita pasta sauce used)|
|White cheddar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (White cheddar and pizza cheese blend used)|
|Italian seasoning/Parsley||1 Teaspoon (As required)|
1. Take a pot of water with a little salt, bring it to boil and add the uncooked spiral pasta. When cooked, drain and set aside.
2. Toss the pasta well with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Set this aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
3. Take a pot, add a little olive oil, saute the diced onions, green bell pepper and minced garlic over medium heat until tender.
4. Add the sauteed vegetables to the cooked pasta and set aside.
5. Into the same pot, saute the meat until slightly brown. (Drain, if needed).
6. Add the pasta and the vegetable mixture into the pot and stir to combine.
7. Pour pizza sauce (use 2 cups of pizza sauce or half pizza sauce and half cheese and basil Margherita pasta sauce). Stir to combine well.
8. Pour the pasta mixture into a casserole dish. Top it with sprinkles of white cheddar cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese has melted.
9. After its baked, sprinkle the top with some Italian seasoning or parsley.
10. Serve warm.
You can add any of your favorite pizza toppings like black olives, mushrooms etc.