In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Chicken and Dressing Casserole. This is part of my Christmas menu and is intended especially for those of you who need an entree that can take the place of turkey and dressing, when you are rushed for time. You can double or triple the recipe, if you need more. The amount of this recipe feeds 4 comfortably.
1. Spray the bottom of a 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch baking dish with cooking oil spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
3. In a skillet, heat butter and extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
4. Place chicken breast (chicken tenderloins) in hot butter/oil mixture. Brown the chicken on both sides and place in sprayed baking dish.
5. Sprinkle onion soup mix over the top of the chicken.
6. In a medium saucepan, mix together cream of celery soup, cream of chicken soup, and ½ cup of chicken broth. Stir over medium heat until warm and smooth.
7. Pour soup mixture over chicken .
8. In a medium-sized bowl, mix 2 cups of chicken broth with herb-seasoned stuffing mix. Stir until the stuffing mix absorbs most of the broth.
9. Spread dressing mixture over top of casserole.
10. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
11. Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the top of the stuffing is beginning to brown and become crisp.
For all those people who think that they are challenged in the kitchen, here is a lifesaver. The Chicken and Dressing Casserole can be made easily with no fuss involved. Watch and learn how to prepare this.