Fish Florentine Casserole
|Frozen fish fillets||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Skim milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed, squeezed and dried (1 package)|
1) Thaw the fish fillets a little at room temperature for about 15-30 minutes.
2) Preheat oven to 375° F.
3) Take a saucepan and heat margarine in it. Add onion and cook until tender.
4) Add 1 cup milk, bouillon and paprika.
5) Take a small cup and mix cornstarch in 1/2 cup milk. Add the mixture to the onion mixture.
6) Stir constantly over medium heat until the mixture begins to get thick.
7) Take a sharp knife and cut fillets in 1/4 inch thick slices.
8) Take a 2 1/2-quart casserole and arrange the potatoes in a layer. Add half the spinach in a layer followed by half the sauce.
9) Repeat the layering.
10) Cover and bake for about 1 1/2 hours or until potatoes become tender.
11) Remove casserole from oven and serve immediately.