Veal and Ham Casserole
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and coarsely chopped|
|Stewing veal/Pie veal||750 Gram, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Ham steaks||225 Gram, cut into 1 inch squares|
|White stock||600 Milliliter|
|Button mushrooms||100 Gram|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In the cooker, heat the butter or margarine and saute the onion until begin to colour.
3) Add the veal and ham, brown slightly and remove from the cooker.
4) Discard any excess butter or margarine from the cooker.
5) Stir in the stock or water and stock cube to the cooker and return the meats and onion with the mushrooms.
6) Add the salt, pepper and bay leaf.
7) Place the lid to close the cooker, bring to high pressure and cook for 10 minutes.
8) Reduce the pressure quickly.
9) Remove and discard the bay leaf.
10) Again place the open cooker to the heat.
11) Add the cornflour blended with a little cold water.
12) Stir well until sauce boils and thickened.
13) Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning.
14) Garnish the cassreole liberally with chopped parsley.
15) Serve with boiled rice.