Kidney Bean Casserole
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Bacon drippings/Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooked kidney beans||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Canned kidney beans||16 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cubed cooked ham||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. In bacon drippings, saute garlic and onion.
2. Cook until just tender.
3. Add beans, tomato paste, and wine.
4. Bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
6. Add ham and heat thoroughly.
7. Add salt and pepper, and more wine if moisture is needed.
8. Serve kidney bean casserole immediately.