Kidney Bean Casserole
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Bacon drippings/Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooked kidney beans||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Canned kidney beans||16 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cubed cooked ham||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. In bacon drippings, saute garlic and onion.
2. Cook until just tender.
3. Add beans, tomato paste, and wine.
4. Bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
6. Add ham and heat thoroughly.
7. Add salt and pepper, and more wine if moisture is needed.
8. Serve kidney bean casserole immediately.
Calories 729 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.3%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 103.9 mg34.6%
Sodium 1119.9 mg46.7%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.4 g69.6%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 42 g83.3%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 17.7%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet