Wednesday Lentil Casserole
|Lentils||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Leftover chicken and stuffing||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttered crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Soak the lentils overnight. Drain them well.
2. Cover with water.
3. Preheat oven to 350°
4. Slit the onions in 2 places. In the slits insert garlic cloves.
5. Add bay leaf.
6. Simmer the lentils over low flame till they are tender.
7. Drain the excess water in a separate bowl. Discard onion and bay leaf.
8. In a casserole slowly layer 1/3 portion of the lentils, ham and then another 1/3 portion of lentils.
9. Layer stuffing and chicken.
10. Add 1/3 of the remaining lentils as topping.
11. Add chicken broth and reserve lentil liquid over the layered ingredients.
12. Cover the ingredients and bake for 30 minutes at 350°.
13. Remove the cober and top with cheese and crumbs.
14. Bake till crisp toppings.
15. Serve Wednesday Lentil Casserole.