|Shallots/Small onions||100 Gram, peeled|
|Button mushrooms||100 Gram, cleaned|
|Pheasant||1 , jointed|
|Condensed consomme||298 Gram (1 Can)|
|White stock/Water||300 Milliliter|
|Orange||1 , juiced and rind grated finely|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Orange slice||4 (For Garnish)|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In a cooker, heat the butter.
3) Saute the shallots and mushrooms until both are
4) Take out from the cooker and drain well.
5) Brown the pieces of pheasant all over.
6) Lift out and drain off any excess butter from the cooker.
7) Stir in the consomme, stock or water, sherry and orange rind and juice.
8) Mix well to remove any residues from the base of the cooker.
9) To the cooker, return the vegetables and pheasant with salt and pepper.
10) Place the lid to close the cooker, bring to high pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
11) Reduce the pressure quickly.
12) In a warmed dish, transfer the pheasant and vegetables and keep hot.
13) Return the open cooker to the heat and boil quickly to reduce the liquid by approximately one-third.
14) Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
15) Pour little sauce over the pheasant and garnish with orange slices.
16) Serve the remaining sauce separately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2221 Calories from Fat 1056
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 118 g181.7%
Saturated Fat 48 g240%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 678.6 mg226.2%
Sodium 3530.3 mg147.1%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 43.8 g
Protein 203 g405.5%
Vitamin A 84.7% Vitamin C 207.6%
Calcium 23% Iron 63.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet