Beef and Bean Casserole
|Haricot beans||75 Gram|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Carrots||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Beef shin||500 Gram, trimmed and cubed|
|Brown stock/Water and beef stock cube||600 Milliliter, hot|
|Tomato puree||30 Milliliter|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Little Required)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) In a basin, place the haricot beans, cover with boiling water and leave to stand for 1 hour.
2) In a cooker, melt the margarine or lard.
3) Add the onion and carrots and saute until begin to color.
4) Add the meat and fry until browned evenly from all sides.
5) Remove the cooker from the heat, stir in the stock or water and stock cube, tomato puree, salt, pepper, bay leaf and the drained haricot beans.
6) Return to the heat and bring to the boil.
7) Place the lid to close the cooker, bring to high pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
8) Reduce the pressure slowly.
9) Remove the bay leaf and add the cornflour, blended with a little cold water.
10) Bring to the boil, stirring constantly and simmer for 1 minute.
11) Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary .
12) Sprinkle little chopped parsley over the beans casserole and serve warm.