Kidney Bean And Pork Sausage Casserole
|Cooked kidney beans||6 Cup (96 tbs) (Canned Kidney Beans -3 Cans Of 16-Ounce Each)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||2 Medium, chopped|
|Sliced pimentos||8 Ounce (2 Jars, 4 Ounce Each)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bulk sausage||8 Ounce|
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a 2 1/2-quart casserole, place beans and liquid.
3. Set aside.
4. In a large frying pan, melt butter.
5. In butter, cook onions and pimientos over low heat for 15 minutes.
6. Stir onion mixture into beans.
7. Add brown sugar, salt and pepper.
8. Keep stirring until blended.
9. Brown sausage.
10. Drain off fat.
11. Top casserole with sausage.
12. Cover casserole with lid, and bake for 1 hour.
14. Bake for about another 10 minutes until sausage is crisp.
15. Serve kidney beans and pork sausage casserole immediately.