Bacon Casserole With Cider
|Boiling water||600 Milliliter|
|Bacon collar/Forehock||750 Gram, unsmoked, boned, trimmed and cut into 2.5 cm cubes|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Celery stalks||2 , scrubbed and coarsley chopped|
|Leeks||2 Small, washed and cut into 2.5 cm pieces, reserve a little top leaf for garnish|
|Dry cider||300 Milliliter|
|White stock/Water and 1/2 chicken stock cube||300 Milliliter|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dried sage||1 Pinch|
|Corn flour||15 Milliliter|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Little)|
1) In a basin, place the lentil cover with water and soak for 1 hour.
2) In the cooker, place the bacon with sufficient cold water to cover and set to boil.
3) Discard water and keep the bacon aside.
4) Wash and dry the cooker.
5) In cooker, heat the butter or margarine and saute the vegetables until they change color.
6) Add the bacon, drained lentils, cider, white stock or water and stock cube, pepper and sage and stir well.
7) Put the lid on cooker to close, bring to high pressure and cook for 15 minutes.
8) Reduce the pressure immediately
9) Open the cooker when steam finsihes, blend the cornflour with a little cold water and add to the cooker.
10) Return the open cooker to the heat.
11) Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce is boiling and thickened.
12) Taste and adjust the seasoning.
13) Garnish the bacon cassetole with chopped leek tops and serve hot.