Microwave Cooked Sweet Potato Casserole
|Cooked yams/1 1/2 pound canned yams, drained||4 Medium, peeled|
|Half and half||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped walnuts||2 Tablespoon|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In medium bowl, combine yams, half and half and butter until smooth.
3) Stir in 3/4 cup sour cream, egg, brown sugar, and spices, blend well.
4) In 1-qt casserole, spoon the mixture.
5) Cover with wax paper, Microwave at High 1 1/2 minutes.
6) Reduce power to 50% (Medium).
7) Microwave 6 to 8 minutes, or until almost set, rotating dish 1/4 turn 2 or 3 times.
8) Sread the remaining sour cream on top of set mixture.
9) Sprinkle with walnuts.
10) Microwave at 50% (Medium) 2 to 4 minutes, or until topping is heated, rotating dish 1/2 turn once.
11) Serve the sweet potato casserole as side dish.