Microwave Pork And Bean Casserole
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cubed lean pork||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onions||8 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Canned tomatoes with juice||14 Ounce, roughly chopped (1 Can)|
|Chicken stock cube/Onion stock cube||1 , crumbled|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned red kidney beans||15 1⁄4 Ounce, drained|
1) In a large frying pan, melt the butter along with cooking oil.
2) Toss in the cubed pork. Saute till they brown well on all sides.
3) Add in the onions into the pan. Cook for about 2 more minutes till they become transluscent.
4) Transfer the mixture into a deep microwavable casserole.
5) Add in the roughly chopped tomatoes with their juices, crumbled stock cube, tomato puree, mixed herbs and salt, pepper.
6) Stir well to mix.
7) Cook the casserole covered for 30 minutes, stirring twice in between.
8) Lastly, add in the drained kidney beans. Cover the casserole once more and cook for 5 more minutes.
9) Let the mixture rest in the casserole for 5 minutes before serving.
10) Serve the Pork and Bean Casserole garnished with more chopped herbs.