Oyster and Wild Rice Casserole
|Long grain and wild rice||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Cream of chicken soup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), undiluted|
|Half-and-half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried whole thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Dash|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oysters||1 Pint, drained|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Follow package directions to prepare rice and keep aside.
3. In a small bowl mix next 6 ingredients.
4. Lightly grease a 10- x 6- x 2-inch baking dish.
5. Pour sherry in it and top with half of rice.
6. Pour one-third soup mixture over rice.
7. Arrange oysters and mushroom caps over it.
8. Sprinkle lemon juice on top.
9. Layer with remaining rice and soup mixture.
10. Bake for 45 minutes.
11. Garnish with parsley sprigs.