Apple Cheese Casserole
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apples||7 Medium, peeled, cored and sliced peeled|
|Water||6 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°.
2. In a bowl mix well combining flour, sugar and salt.
3. With pastry blender cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
4. Toss apples with water and lemon juice.
5. Lightly greased an 8-inch square baking dish and spoon the flour mixture.
6. Sprinkle flour mixture over apples and bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
7. Top with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes.
8. Serve the cake hot as a snack, alongside beverages or as desired.