Crunchy Cashew Casserole
|For making sauce|
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , peeled, finely chopped|
|Cashew pieces||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Chopped mixed vegetables||12 Ounce (350 Gram, Carrots, Sprouts, Parsnips)|
|Shredded cabbage||8 Ounce (225 Gram, Winter Variety)|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onion stock||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|For the topping|
|Cashew pieces||3 Ounce, ground (75 Gram)|
|Whole meal flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Medium oatmeal||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Sunflower oil||3 Tablespoon|
1. Set the oven to gas mark 5, 375°F (190°C) and heat it.
2. Take a saucepan, heat the oil and fry the onion for about 3 minutes, stir in cashew pieces and toast them lightly.
3. Stir in vegetables and saute for 5 minutes.
4. Sprinkle flour and cook for another minute.
5. Stir in herbs, shoyu, and stock and boil the mixture.
6. Simmer for another 15 minutes.
7. Season the mixture to taste.
8. Make the topping by combining the ingredients and rub in the oil.
9. Add the cooked sauce into a lightly oiled ovenproof dish and spoon the topping over it.
10. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
11. Serve the crunchy cashew casserole with chicken.