Autumn Bacon Casserole
|Smoked bacon joint||1 1⁄2 Pound, cubed (Such As Collar Piece)|
|Chopped leeks||8 Ounce|
|Carrot||1 Large, cut in thin strips|
|Canned tomatoes with juice||14 Ounce|
|Silverskin onion||2 Tablespoon, drained|
|Frozen sweetcorn kernels||4 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a large saucepan, add in the bacon cubes. Cover with enough cold water.
2) Let the water come to a boil. Strain the bacon and discard the water.
3) Dry off the excess moisture from the bacon cubes using paper towels.
4) In a microwavable casserole, add in the bacon and butter. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, while stirring once in between.
5) Mix in the flour. Next, add in the chopped leeks, carrot, canned tomatoes with their juices, onions, sweetcorn kernels, water and black pepper.
6) Cover the casserole and cook for 30 more minutes. Stir twice in between the cooking time.
7) Let the casserole rest for 15 minutes prior to serving.
8) Serve the Autumn Bacon Casserole with baked potatoes on the side.