Scalloped Turkey Spinach Casserole
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked regular rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, cooked, drained (1 Package)|
|Pimiento||2 Ounce, diced and drained (1 Jar)|
|Sliced water chestnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream of mushroom soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce, undiluted (1 Can)|
|Commercial sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked turkey||1 Pound, sliced|
|Soft breadcrumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Grease a 12- x 8- x 2-inch baking dish
3. In a large skillet, cook the bacon and then remove the bacon. Set aside to drain and then crumble it. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the dripping
4. Saute the onions in the drippings till tender and then remove from heat.
5. Add the rice, spinach, pimiento, water chestnuts, half of bacon, and salt and cover and cook.
6. Mix the soup and the sour cream and pour it back into the spinach mixture. Spoon this mixture into the dish and arrange turkey slices on top of it.
7. Pour the rest of the soup mixture over the turkey
8. Combine the breadcrumbs and butter and sprinkle around the edges of casserole. Sprinkle the rest of the bacon over the center of casserole
9. Bake for 30 minutes
10. Serve hot