Crunchy Squash Casserole
|Frozen yellow squash||20 Ounce, sliced (2 Packs, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Commercial sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Cream of chicken soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce, undiluted (1 Can)|
|Water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Chicken flavored stuffing mix||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Melted butter||6 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°.
2. Cook the squash according to package directions and drain well.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon butter and saute onion.
4. In a bowl combine the squash, onion, sour cream, soup and water chestnuts.
5. In another bowl combine stuffing mix and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons melted butter and stir well.
6. Add three-fourths of stuffing mixture to squash mixture and spoon into a lightly greased 2-quart casserole.
7. Sprinkle remaining stuffing mixture over casserole.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until bubbly.
9. Garnish casserole with thawed squash slices and celery leaves, if desired and serve.