Quick Chicken Casserole
|Onion||1 , peeled and sliced|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, peeled and sliced|
|Green pepper||1 , seeds removed and sliced|
|Condensed mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Tomatoes||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz) (1 Small Can)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
1) In a heavy base frying pan, saute the chicken pieces in oil for 4 minutes on each side.
2) Remove with a slotted spoon and place in an ovenware dish.
3) In the same pan, saute the onion, mushrooms and green pepper for 2 to 3 minutes.
4) Stir in the Condensed mushroom soup, tomatoes, bay leaf and seasoning to taste.
5) Stir continuously, bring to the boil and spoon over the chicken pieces.
6) Cover with a lid and simmer over a medium heat for 20 minutes.
7) Remove and discard the bay leaf.
8) Garnish with chopped parsley and serve the straight from the casserole.
Calories 442 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.6%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g51.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.5 mg45.2%
Sodium 678.4 mg28.3%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 36 g71.6%
Vitamin A 33.9% Vitamin C 81%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet