Almond Chicken Casserole
|Chicken pieces||3 Pound (4, 3/4 Pound Each)|
|Onion||1 , minced|
|Applejack/Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Softened butter||6 Tablespoon (In Microwave)|
|Lemon||1 , grated rind|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toasted almonds||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a large bowl, put the onion and chicken. Pour the applejack all over and marinade for about 2-3 hours.
2) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
3) Take the chicken out of the marinade, reserving both the onion as well as the marinade.
4) Cream the butter with the spices, lemon juice and rind and spread the mixture all over the chicken.
5) In a heatproof casserole, put the onion and place the chicken pieces on top. Spoon over the marinade.
6) Cook, uncovered, in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
7) Reduce the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees, cover the casserole and cook for another 30 minutes, till the meat is tender.
8) Take the chicken out of the casserole and keep it warm.
9) Put the casserole on top of a stove and boil the cooking juices till they are thick.
10) Add the cream, stir well and heat the mixture gently for 2-3 minutes without boiling.
11) Add the seasoning and then pour the sauce all over the chicken.
12) Sprinkle toasted almonds all over the chicken and serve it while it is still hot. Makes a delectable main course dish and goes well with toasted bread or hot, cooked rice.