|Eggplant||1 Large, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce (2 Can, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Tomato paste||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dried whole oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
2. On a cookie sheet, keep the eggplant slices ; apply melted butter over it, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Broil the eggplant slices, 6 inches from heat 5 minutes or until golden brown; turn slices over and broil until brown. Remove and keep them aside.
4. In a medium skillet, saute onion in oil until tender.
5. Mix intomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano, and parsley; stir well, and keep aside.
6. In a bowl, mix egg, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, and cottage cheese. Mix well, and set aside.
7. Take a lightly greased 12- x 8- x 2-inch casserole dish and spoon half of tomato sauce mixture into it.
8. Arrange half of eggplant slices over tomato sauce.
9. Using a ladle, spread cottage cheese mixture over eggplant.
10. With the remaining tomato sauce mixture, top with remaining eggplant.
11. Scatter the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over the top.
12. Bake for 40 minutes.
13. Serve hot and this dish yields 6 to 8 servings.