Fresh Spinach Casserole
|Spinach||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Eggs||2 Small, slightly beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Teaspoon, thinly grated|
|Swiss cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
1. Wash spinach leaves well and trim their stems.
2. Preheat 325°
3. Place the spinach in a dutch oven or in a large pan.
4. Add salt ( 1 teaspoon). Cover the pan and cook for 3 minutes. Let the spinach cook in the water which 5lings to its leaves, till the leaves turn green and bright in color.
6. Use a colander to drain the leaves.
7. Press out the water with the back of any spoon, so that the spinach is completely dry.
8. Chop spinach leaves very finely.
9. In another bowl mix butter, eggs, pepper, onion, butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, milk and cheese.
10. Transfer the ingredients in a 1 quart baking dish. ( If doing ahead, cover the dish and chill)
11. Bake in 325°for 30 minutes ( 45 minutes in case chilled)
12. Serve fresh spinach casserole immediately.