Cabbage Bacon Casserole
|Cabbage||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded|
|Fresh spinach leaves||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon (Or As Needed)|
|Cracker crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For sweet sour sauce|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and add sugar, 1/4 cup water, vinegar and salt.
2) Mix corn starch and remaining 1/4 cup water and mix it with sugar mixture.
3) Cook until thick and clear.
4) Take a saucepan and steam cabbage in some water until tender-crisp. Cover the pan and cook. Drain excess water.
5) In a frying pan, fry the bacon until crisp and drain excess oil. Crumble bacon.
6) Take a greased 1 ½ quart casserole and put cabbage, spinach and bacon.
7) Pour the sweet and sour sauce and add some butter and sprinkle crumbs over it.
8) Now, bake casserole for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, covered. After 30 minutes remove the cover and continue to bake for 15 more minutes.
9) Serve the cabbage and bacon casserole hot.
Calories 182 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.9 mg8.3%
Sodium 378.4 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A 20.5% Vitamin C 25.1%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet